Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Hometown

I have lived in the same town all of my life and only lived in two different houses throughout out my life. It is a small town called Slapout, Alabama better known as Holtville or Deatsville. Slapout got its name because a long time back there was only one store and if people would come and ask if they had something the owner would say "We are slap out of it". There are no red lights but there are two flashing lights in the main part of town where all the stores are located. We have  had two gas, diner, pizza place, and a pharmacy about all my life. The older I get the bigger and bigger it gets although it still isn't that big. We have recently gotten a Subway and Dollar General. One of the gas stations in which we call "The Boy's Store" has became a Piggly Wiggly, the other gas station is the hangout for most teens around town. There is one school which is Holtville Elementary, Middle, and High which are considered the best in Elmore County school systems in regards to test grades and passing all accredations. Many people don't like the small town but I love the quietness and the open fields. I wouldn't change where I grew up if I could, yeah maybe living somewhere big is cool but I have had many great experiences and can survive on my own if I had to.

No comments:

Post a Comment