Thursday, September 27, 2012

Keepsake

To give you the background of my most valuable keepsake it is from my grandmother, who I am named after. I have always had a close bond with all my grandparents, but with her it is a very different type of bond. Needless to say, she has thirteen grandchildren all together and I am the only one that has gotten anything with so much meaning. As I have gotten older she has started to give me pieces of jewelry that mean something to her. She gave me a gold bracelet right before graduation ,with Charlotte written on it, that she received when she was about to graduate high school as well. My most valuable keepsake would be the rings my she gave me, which were her mothers engagement ring and wedding band. The wedding band is engraved with her parents initials and the year in which they were married. I wore them as a necklace because they were a little big and didn't want to loose them. I wear them daily and could never let anything happen to them because I know how much they mean to her and now what they mean to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment