Monday, September 10, 2012

First Wreck

My first wreck happened a little after I had been driving for 6 months. I turned 16 in December of 2009 and totaled my car in May of 2010. It was my fault in a way but then again there was no way for me to avoid it. I was on a dirt road going to a friends house and going the speed limit around a curve when I hit loose gravel and lost control. I remember sliding down the road sideways and trying to correct it but I over corrected it and hit a tree right on the sensor where both air bags would deploy. I was alone and had my seat belt on. When I came to all I saw was smoke, which made me think my car was on fire so I found my phone and got as far away from my car as I could only to notice that it was just the smoke from the air bags. I called my mom, dad, sister, and aunt only to get no answer from anyone. I finally called my friend, whose house I was headed to, and she was on her way. Meanwhile, a car pulled up and turned around since my car was blocking the road but they didn't ask if I was okay or anything, just left. Then i finally got in touch with my parents and they both came. We had to call the State Troopers for insurance purposes and it took the State Trooper over an hour and a half to get there because her GPS didn't pick up that road. My uncle finally went to meet her and show her the way there so we could write an incident report. I was supposed to be going to work later that night but I called and told them what had happened and they told me not to worry about coming in. I only have one burn on my arm and finger from where the airbag burnt it other than that I was just shook up but fine. My car was towed and a few weeks later they totaled it out since airbags cost so much to replace.

No comments:

Post a Comment