Thursday, November 8, 2012

Worst Holiday Memory.

I enjoy the holidays for many different reasons. Family, food, gifts, and most of the all the reason for the season Jesus. I have many awesome memories but one Christmas was the worst by far. It was about 3 years ago and my dad's best friend since he was about twelve was laying on his death bed. I had always called him my uncle just because he was so close to me and my family since day one of my life. My parents had went up to UAB hospital where he was located slowly dying, on the 23rd of December. We had never spent a Christmas apart, growing up we would always open one gift Christmas Eve, which normally consisted of me and my sister getting matching pajama's. Christmas morning we would all get up, open gifts, and then start cooking breakfast. Breakfast wasn't just for my family all of our close friends and family would come eat at our house and celebrate together. This particular Christmas we did not get to do things like usual. Me and my sister decided we wanted to still do the breakfast with only a few close friends and family, since my mom couldn't be there. Later that day we went to her husband's family Christmas and that is when we got the phone call from my dad telling us that he had passed. I don't think I have ever heard my dad that upset for all I can remember. This was the worst holiday memory that I have had thus far in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment