Thursday, November 1, 2012

Recruitment


Getting ready to go to recruitment weekend was the absolute craziest time of my life. It was the first week of college and I had just started a new job. I was not even sure if I was going to go through with recruitment. I literally decided 30 minutes before I had to be there that I was going to go through with it. Once I got there I knew that I had made the right decision. The whole weekend we got to go through and visit each sorority individually and that was great. You got to see each one and experience exactly what they were about. Every sorority has a Philanthropy that they help raise money for. You talk about that and the retreats they go on, not to mention all of their fundraiser they do to raise money in support of the organization they sponsor. I also met so many great girls that I now call some of my closest friends. Before recruitment I did not know Haley or Meagan, and now they are two of my closest friends. You build friendships with these girls that will last forever. I never thought that just by going through recruitment weekend I would make so many great friendships, but boy was I wrong. I most definitely made the right decision by going to recruitment and choosing to pledge myself to Alpha Gamma Delta. It is a sisterhood that I will have for the rest of my life with a group of friends I will cherish forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment