Thursday, November 1, 2012

Crossroads


Graduation Day was a very exciting yet scary day.  Life changed forever but I didn’t realize how dramatic it would be.  You find yourself suddenly at the crossroad of where to go.  I knew I would go to college but where?  We went to South Alabama where I was pretty set on going.  We had all the paperwork in order and making preparation for the move down and for some reason something kept drawing me to come to AUM and explore all my options. Not really knowing what field I wanted to go into made the decision even harder.  My mother and I came up and spoke with some of the staff members and students here.  I was so torn.  I wanted to go to the school in Mobile and my father wanted me to go there but when I realized they weren't offering me any scholarships my mind was made up.  I made some people angry and some people have chosen not to accept me because I did not choose the path they wanted for me.  I just know in my heart I am where I am supposed to be and I have to do what I feel is best for my life at this time to have a successful future for myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment