Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chores.

Growing up many kids have chores and get paid an allowance to do them. In my house it was you do what you are told when you are told with no payment in hand. Now don't get me wrong we got most everything we asked for but we didn't get paid when my parents told us to do the dishes or something of the sort. My moms pet peeve was if me and my older sister were home all day to make sure the kitchen was clean when she got home so she could cook dinner and get things rolling right when she got off. We were supposed to take turns doing the dishes and picking up the living room but my sister would almost never do it and tell me that if it wasn't done when mom got home we would both be in trouble. So of course I would do everything that we were supposed to have done thinking that we would both be punished. The older I got it became apparent that as long as I did my half I wouldn't be the one in trouble she would be. So the more I became to resist doing her part she had to actually begin to do them. I think the whole idea of chores and allowance is dumb, children should do what their parents ask without expecting anything in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment