Thursday, November 1, 2012

My Big


Being in a sorority has helped me so much, but it was all with the help of what we call our “bigs”. My big has been there for me on so many different occasions. She has been there for me whether it is just to talk to or to cry on her shoulder. She is like the sister I never had growing up. You get a big when you are given a bid from the sorority of your choice, and she is there to just help you through your first semester. Mary Ellen, my big, has been there to help me with so much of my homework. I would be lost without her.If I am ever freaked out because of an assignment she is there in a split second to help me with it. I remember once I had a paper due and I called her crying my eyes out because I did not understand the topic. She was so encouraging and brought me back to reality. We sat down, went over everything, and she helped me get started. Your sorority sisters really are your best friends. They love you for who you are, and try to help you any way they can. I am just so lucky that I am part of such an amazing group of girls. I am also lucky to have such an amazing big who will devote so much of her time to helping me. I know that I made the right decision when I chose to become an Alpha Gam Girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment