Thursday, November 1, 2012

Senior Year


My senior year was gone within the blink of an eye. Growing up you are always thinking about graduating so you can move out and go to college, but little do you know you are just wishing your life away. I was always the one who could not wait to get out of high school so I could go off to college and move away from home. Now I wish I was still at home. It is all so different once you are on your own and having to do everything yourself. I never really took the time to slow down and appreciate my senior year until the week before graduation. I was homeschooled so my experience with high school was a little different than that of a “normal” teenager. I had to be very disciplined in order to get all of my school work done. I remember after reading “A Mid Summer Night’s Dream” we went on a field trip to the Alabama Shakespeare Festival and watched the play. I also remembered around Christmas we went and saw A Christmas Carol. I really enjoyed my high school experience even though it was not what some people would call a “normal” experience. I had to be just as disciplined as everyone else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment