Thursday, October 18, 2012

Broken Bones

Growing up I had never broken any bones and always wondered what it felt like. I had seen family and friends go through the pain/healing processes but still had my curiosity. One day when I was in the seventh grade I was at my best friend's house helping her and her siblings do some chores before her parents arrive back home. We were helping her little brother ,who was in third grade at the time, clean his room. I decided to help him make up the top bunk of his bed. While doing so I leaned on the rail for support but it was broken so I went tumbling off the top bunk onto the floor. I went to move and realized my arm was tingling and not really where it should be. I began to panic yelling "It's broken, my arm is broken". The only person I wanted was my mom. Her older sister came running in there and was trying to calm me down, while Caroline was trying to calmly call both of our parents. Needless to say my parents showed up in a hurry. They had to carry me to the car and drive me to the emergency room. I had be put to sleep so they could put my elbow back in place and to make sure all of my growth plates back into the correct place. Everything went fine, it was a long healing process but now I have no complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment