Monday, December 3, 2012

My Maw-Maw

My Maw-Maw is my father's mother and has always been on of the grandparents I am closest with. She had heart problems the older she got, the year I was born, which was 1993 she had a massive heart attack and had to have open heart surgery. She continued in good health and was very much a busy body. Her and her friends would meet at Eastdale Mall and walk Monday- Friday at 6 in the morning. Up until the day she had her most recent stroke she was upbeat and always doing for others. About three years ago she had a stroke and they didn't think she would make it through this one. She was in the hospital for about a month when they released her to go home. She is now in a wheelchair and only has use of her left side, she isn't very talkative and as time goes on the worse she gets. My Pawpaw has been taking care of her every need since day one of this traumatic event, without him I don't think she would have made it this far. Apart of me wishes it would have taken her so she wouldn't be suffering now and so miserable with her life. We had our family Christmas this past weekend and they gave out all of her jewelry, took family pictures with everyone, and told us what she wanted at her funeral. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to hear, I'm not sure how well I am going to handle it when she does pass. But I do know she loves God with all heart, meaning she will go to heaven and one day I will get to see her beautiful, vibrant smile again.

No comments:

Post a Comment